God loved us so much that He committed His Word to print. His integrity is on the line as He stands behind His
written Word. Get to know God; enjoy His love letter to us; study His magnificent and matchless Word!
KJV Psalm 138:2 - ....for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
KJV 2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be
ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
All Scripture interprets itself:
1. In the verse:
• right where it is written,
• a word or words must be interpreted according to Biblical usage,
• the words must be in harmony with the verse as well as with all the scriptures relating to the subject,
• scripture build-up; narrative development.
2. In the context.
3. As it was used before.
Biblical truths we must adhere to as workmen:
1. get "to whom" correct (administrations),
2. difficult verses must be understood in light of the clear verses,
3. interpretation and application are always with respect to whom it is addressed.
Seven steps to biblical accuracy:
1 .the individual word must be understood,
2. the words must fit in the verse,
3. the verse must fit with the immediate context,
4. the immediate context must flow with the remote context,
5. the words must be understood in light of "to whom" it is written,
6. the words must be understood in light of orientalisms, customs, and mannerisms,
7. the words must be understood in light of the figures of speech.
Reading for understanding:
Ask yourself, "What is this verse saying?" To better understand what it is saying,
ask yourself five other questions:
1. What is it not saying?
2. What is the opposite of what it is saying?
3. What is unusual about the way in which it is said?
4. What did it mean to the first-century believers?
** These references are being provided for your convenience to enhance your study of the Bible, and any information contained on these third party pages must always be
checked and re-checked against the written Word of God. The Bible must always be the final authority!!